Thursday, September 2, 2010
Challenge 1: Meet Stranger Dan
As some of you now, I used to learn LA style salsa for a few years and loved it! So in the interest of getting back to one of my lost loves, I went along to a Cuban salsa class last night with my friend Meaghan. It was lots of fun and I decided to conquer 'Challenge 1: Meet a stranger', which resulted in meeting a guy named Dan. Dan is Canadian born, but has lived in many places including South America, the US & England. He mainly grew up in Colombia so, like an self-respecting Australian, I immediately started with the 'drug-lord' jokes. He took it pretty well :) I asked him what Colombia was most famous for (because apparently the drug thing is a misconception) and he told me it was coffee. Who knew?! Probably you.... but hey, I don't drink coffee! He also had a background in LA style salsa so we bonded over that.. and a glass of port. All in all, a good meeting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An excellent challenge response! Stoked you did salsa, that's really cool. Are you going to go again? When you made the drug lord joke he probably wondered if your hair was naturally blonde...
ReplyDeleteahaha @the drug lord joke. nice one leckie xx
ReplyDeleteI knew that Colombia was famous for coffee
ReplyDeleteI think it was a totally valid assumption Lex. I mean, Columbia's where I get my crack.
ReplyDelete